"how we spend our days, of course,
is how we spend our lives."
— annie dillard
Here's one of my truths: I recognize deeply that each day is a unique gift and we don't get to live it again. Our time on earth is our most precious and valuable resource and it cannot be replenished. I want to use my time here to tell the truth about the love of family and to recognize the wholehearted journey of the divine feminine.
I want to use my heart to make art about how sacred I feel the human experience and this beautiful world are. I don’t know, I just don't want to look back on my life and realize I spent all my time looking at my phone or trying to suck my stomach in or making small talk. I sincerely hope at the end of my life people are able to say that i used my time on earth to cultivate deep connections, create poetic moments, live in gratitude, and that I cried a shit ton of happy tears. It is important to me to keep seeking to embrace the adventure of being a person for all that it is.
My photography is just an extension of this inner truth. I want to create images that reflect the light within, the emotional journey of being a human, and the irreplaceable connection between family that loves and trusts each other. There's just nothing better to me.
Some of my favorite things:
- My family. I walk through life with my husband Ben and our two sons, River and Jude.
- Staying curious
- Cross country road trips
- Good coffee (it's so important)
- Writing / singing / watercolor hand lettering / whatever new way my creativity wants to find its way out of me.
- Hot, salty baths with essential oils
- People! I studied human communication in college and the way we connect with each other is endlessly fascinating to me.
- Mother nature
- Podcasts. So many podcasts.
- Rain and thunderstorms
- Investing in the journey and potential of young people. I volunteer for a couple of non-profits dedicated to the development
of the next generation and these bright lights honestly make me feel hopeful and inspired about the future of our planet.
- Not eating animals
- Alone time
- How badass and invincible giving birth made me feel
- Making scented natural soy candles with my own two hands: collectivelightcandles.com